NH Open Doors Weekend is coming soon... November 2 & 3, 2013. Presented by the League of NH Craftsmen and New Hampshire Made, this self-guided event brings together two days of some of the best shopping (always tax-free), eating, touring and special events. Participate in the Passport Contest and enter to win great prizes by visiting 10 locations (or just 5 in the White Mountains/Great North Woods Region).
Some of the special events in the Monadnock Region and nearby include:
- Wheel throwing and hand-building techniques by Lulu Fichter in Peterborough
- Metal spinning demonstrations at Gibson Pewter in Hillsborough
- Pottery demonstrations (at noon) at Five Wings Studio in Fitzwilliam
- A demonstration of hot wax application to panels by encaustic artists Jessie Pollock and Danielle Lebris in Peterborough
- Shaker and Colonial Box making at Frye's Measure Mill gift shop in Wilton
- Wine tastings at Poocham Hill Winery in Westmoreland, Walpole Mountain View Winery in Walpole, or LaBelle Winery in Amherst
- Make your own ice cream sundaes at the Walpole Ice Cream Scoop Shop in Walpole
- See the dairy herd in action at Stonewall Farm in Keene
... and more! (See the Special Events page for the full listings.)
Use the NH Open Doors website to create your own self-guided tour using an interactive map of participants by region. With over 150 participants, there's something for everyone.